Recent Career Highlights
- Director of Communications and Customer Care at Thread Learning, Inc. (current)
- Owner / Director of the annual Lewton-Brain Foldform Competition EST. 2013 for metal artists (current)
- Designed websites for small business clients
- Launched the Foldforming Hub as home to the competition and learning resources for metal artists in 2016
- Wrote "The Evolution of Foldforming" for Nov 2015 Art Jewelry magazine, on newsstands across the U.S.
- Co-authored art book "Foldforming at 30" with Rhoda Weber Mack in 2014
- Director of Communications at New York’s Center for Metal Arts 2013-2015
- Founded Foldforming Central in 2011, an engaged FB community of metal artists in 25+ countries
- Founded YouTube channel to support the arts with 135K+ views
- Managed OCLC's Customer Support team 10+ years, a large international not-for-profit library services company without peer
The intersection of work and play
Sue has been active in the metal arts community for nearly a decade. This is a world she initially joined as a hobbyist creating small sculpture and jewelry with traditional metalsmithing tools like torch, saws, hammers and anvil. The blog and metal arts gallery pages on this site illustrate those ties, and the lovely intersection of work and play.